Wednesday, March 31, 2010

All In a Days Work

Here's a friendly warning..... This blog is long, boring, and random. Read only if you care!

Time to update the blog yet?? 2010 has been flying by. I can't believe it will be April tomorrow! I have been so busy trying to go work and go to school full time, I haven't had much time to do anything else. Somewhere I've been able to find a little time to keep up with my house "chores", plan two very needed vacations, and find some time to be with family and friends.

I have gone to several semesters of school and still haven't decided on what I want to go into. I feel like I am wasting my time and my parents money on classes. I know school is important and I'm grateful to be able to get further education. I hear all the time how people "wished they would have gone to college, or finished college and got their degree." I would also like to finish college and get a degree, but I don't know what I want to do. I was taking classes to complete nursing generals when I realised I don't have the stomach to go into the medical field. I decided I would like to get a major in Animal Biology but feel at the same time, that I can't do much with that degree. I have always been interested and would love to go into some sort of law profession. I have always been very interested in the criminal mind, criminology, forensic kind of stuff. I think the saying "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree" would apply here. I have teetered around with several different careers and can't decide what I would be happiest doing. My dream job would be in Africa working with and studying wildlife or traveling for a living. Yup, I would love to be the travel channels next TV host and travel different places for a living. Ahhh that'd be the life! Anyways I really want to decide and focus on what I want to achieve in school, what I want to do for a living, and what I would be happy doing. More often than not I just feel like I don't have the brains, the grades, or the motivation to do it!! I need to talk to a school counselor. :(

I have been feeling very tired, sick, and grumpy lately. I know it's a combination of certain things, but simply put "the stresses of life". Most of you know I get migraines almost on a daily basis and that hasn't changed. I still get them constantly. I need to go to the doctor's just to get them checked but where and when do I find the time and money for that matter? I work during the hours of normal operation, which would mean do it on my lunch or take time off. Both I always find difficult. It means I have to make up my hours from work and find someone else to let my dogs out. I know it's a pain for my mom to keep me on her health insurance, which is why I need to go asap!! Sorry Mom. So.... I have been exercise & "dieting" for the last couple months and will continue to do so until I'm comfortable being in my own skin. I have lost some weight and am starting to feel better about myself everyday! I can't believe I let my weight get out of control. I blame my work for the lack of physical activity it requires me to do. ;) I can't wait for summer so I can get out in the nice weather with my dogs and get some good exercise! I want to be back to the weight I was during high school! A healthy weight! I'll get there! I just need the help of my friends! They have the biggest influence over what I'm eating, since I usually eat with them! I'm trying to eat healthy and change my overall diet but I can't do that around all their fast food and temptations! It's a struggle everyday and I know it will continue to tempt me. I'm working on my self control, but I know I'll get there! I have a goal and I'm set on reaching it!

Work has been stressing me out. I have recently been looking for a new job. What I want to do is finish school and get into a career I will LOVE and ENJOY doing everyday, but that takes me back to my previous rant. I need to know what I want to do before I can do it! I have for the most part enjoyed my job and I am continually grateful for the opportunity to work. Recent changes in my work place have left me feeling un-valued and under-appreciated after being here for 3+ years. I believe I have proven myself to be a dedicated, hardworking employee. I have been here through many changes and have taken on many responsibilities since first starting, but I am continually getting "stuck" in the same position as when I started and not moving forward as I feel I can. I strive to achieve my goals and move forward in everything I do. I obviously can't do that at my current job. People ask me "oh well why don't you try talking to your boss about the situation or stick up for yourself and say something." When it comes to work, I am not one to complain & whine because I don't want them to feel like I'm not grateful just to have a job in this economy. I know things could be worse, which is why I don't say anything. I can't find it in myself to do so.

I can't believe how fast life has gone since graduating high school. The majority of my former classmates and friends are married and have children already. I feel like I'm so behind when I compare my life to theirs. Is it wrong that I am enjoying my time traveling and spending my money on unnecessary things before I have to grow up anymore? I love having my own money to spend when I want to spend it, where ever I want to spend it! I know I should be saving more of my money but I have to take advantage of the fact that I don't have bigger things to pay for yet, such as children!

I can't wait for the following months!! I get to go to the MUSE concert. Its one of the favorite bands around my household. We are all beyond excited! Then next comes Citizen Cope! My absolute favorite! There are a select few bands that I listen too on a daily basis and these bands tend to get me through my day. Citizen Cope is one of the bands that instantly makes me feel relaxed. I love love love it! I can't wait to be enjoying some of my favorite music live, with some of my favorite people, while having a drink or two! It's going to be a good time! :) Next comes my San Francisco trip with my awesome sister Nikki! We will be down there for pride weekend! I am so excited to go enjoy the celebration in none other than San Francisco! Go Pride Weekend! This trip will be the one holding me off until my Hawaii trip! I can't stop day dreaming about the nice relaxing time I'll have! I'm going to get my relaxation on like donkey kong! I have wanted to go for so long now! I have so many plans for this trip, I just hope I can get my finances in order to make it happen! I see this as my reward for working so hard! I can't wait to go enjoy it with with some of my favorite people! Then I have my very anticipated trip to meet my dads family in the Philippines! I have been dreaming of the day I get to go! My family is supposedly planning a trip for next February. I hope we will follow through with the plans this time! I can't wait!

Easter is this upcoming Sunday and I haven't done anything for the last several Easters. I remember it was a huge holiday for me being a kid. A basket full of candy and jelly beans mysteriously hidden for me to find! What happened to my easter basket? I haven't had one in years! I was at the store the other day looking at all the Easter egg kits. I think I'm going to be festive and get the boys to dye easter eggs with me! I'll have a blast at least :)

I know this blog doesn't exactly stick to a certain topic! It's more of a compilation of random 2010 events, thoughts, ranting & raving. I'll try to stick to one thing next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment